Sunday, August 14, 2016

Tell Me About Yourself



This is a popular interview question
Following are 3 sample answers
Sample#1
I am Byomakesh Ratha, a computer graduate from MIT. I like to apply my analytical skills to develop world class products in the XYZ domain. When I am not working, I volunteer to NGO’s as it gives me an opportunity to serve needy people.  I also travel a lot and an active member of XYZ travel group or club    through which I could explore my hobby more.
Sample#2
As a technical project manager, I have more than six years of experience at top Wall Street Companies.  In recent company, I led the development of an award winning new trading platform.  I am a person that survives in a fast-paced environment. At moment, I am looking for a chance to apply my technical expertize and my creative problem solving skills at an innovative software company like this one.
Sample#3
Since last 4-5 years, I am deeply involved with my administrative work. I have always been interested and enjoyed working in the computer industry, but I consider myself lucky that I got an opportunity to work at different levels like business analyst, programmer and assistant manager.  My main strength is the ability to maintain a great rapport with the customer and my attention to their details.
Tips:
  • Try to cover your accomplishment in your answer
  • Talk about the work or project that resembles the requirement of the position
  • Mention what led you to this point in your career and why job is the perfect match for you
  • Don’t narrate anything that is personal
  • End your answer by telling them you want the position and why
  • Use selective terminology in your answer like problem solving, innovative, fast-paced, creative and so on
What not to say
  • Don’t speak the same thing that is already mention in your resume
  • Don’t counter question your interviewer by saying – “What do you want to know?” (Sounds Rude)

No comments:

Post a Comment